Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Lights Went Out in Trinidad!

Tonight was just another ordinary evening.  I was eating dinner and relaxing when all of a sudden my room went dark.  Yes, the lights went out in Trinidad...well actually only a few surrounding cities located near the hotel.  My room is equipped with an emergency back up light which they tested and found to be not functioning 2 weeks ago...which they still haven't fixed! 

The internet in my room stopped working as well so I decided to go out to the lobby of the hotel since I assumed they would have light - and they did.  After 30 minutes of sitting doing nothing I got bored so I walked around and took in the moonlite landscape and bay area - quite relaxing.

By this time it had been over an hour and nearing 10pm.  I figured that I would go back to the room and go to bed early.  I tested the shower- success there was still water! My computer provided a shred of light and I showered in almost complete darkness but the computer backlight helped a little.  Now I was refreshed and clean and ready for bed.  Not 5 minutes after I got out of the shower did the power come back on...but it was still fun to shower with moodlighting :-)

Now let's see how long it takes the hotel to fix my emergency back up light....Goodnight :-)

2 comments:

Tina said...

good luck with your back up light. at least you weren't in freezing weather like us.

Unknown said...

that'll happen once in a while. when you dont have any water, then you know you've been there long... haha