Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Crab, Some Caterpillars & A Queen

I came back to my room at the hotel for lunch one day and noticed something on the hallway carpet.  At first I just thought it was a small pile of dirt which I thought was in an odd location of the hallway.  As I continued moving forward the dirt piled moved incredibly quick behind a newspaper...the dirt pile turned out to be a tiny crab. My stupid point and shoot camera would not let me focus on the crab by I tried my best to capture him or her - now image if that was in my room...actually let's not.

Kelly and I were heading out to see the new Shrek movie, the hotel staff stopped us to see if we have seen the caterpillars.  The only caterpillars I had ever seen were small and not too jaw dropping to stare at so I was wondering what was so special about these...?  To my fullest surprise these caterpillars are the largest and prettiest I have ever seen.  Can you spot them in the trees?  I saw hello to my new friends every morning.


Now you are probably expecting to see more pictures of animals for the Queen bit of my title.  Will it be a queen ant or bee or boat?  Boat...what...boat?  Yes, indeed the queen in which I refer to is a party boat called the Treasure Queen.  The bartender at the hotel, Ria, asked me if I would like to come along.  A few of my co-workers went on the same boat experience a month prior and very much enjoyed themselves.  The Queen sailed at midnight and docked back at 3AM.  There was drinking and dancing all night - just like a fete during Carnival season but on the water.  It was a lot of fun however I wore the wrong skirt for the boat so I could not go too close to the edge or else I would pull a Marilyn Monroe.

2 comments:

Tina said...

love the outfit, very flattering. glad you enjoyed yourself!

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures of plants and animals. How big are the caterpillars?

As usual, lookin good gal

What an adventure you are having and the memories you are creating.

Love, MOM