Thursday, January 28, 2010

As Promised...Fete Pictures!

As I explained a couple of weeks ago what a Fete was I now have pictures of the gang at a fete called "Soca on 'D' Avenue".  Now Soca refers to the type of music that is played there - don't ask me how to describe it; y'all will have to google it or come visit :)  A fun time was had by all and we shall be attending another one this weekend although I think it will be my last until Carinval because they wear you out and the cost does add up! 


Local band playing steel drums and musical instruments.



Idoko, Ricardo and I (before we starting sweating to the beat)



Idoko & I dancing (non-traditional Trinidad style...moreso mix of latin and ballroom)



Idoko, me and Ricardo gettin' low Trinidad style - although I wasn't wearing a belt so I didn't get too low because I did not want to end up with a plumbers crack (sorry if you are a plumber but it's so true!)



Eating what is called Doubles.  It's some yummy tortilla filled goodness.  Maybe Fanon could shed some light :-)



Soca performer Denise Belfon - showing ya a little Trinidad action.  Teaching the audience difference ways to Wine (aka dance Trini style)



The whole gang (Jeremy, Matt, Jason, Idoko, me)

I have Fete Fever :-)

No comments: