Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Arrival into Trinidad

Local time is 1:40 am here in Trinidad which is 2 hours ahead of CST.  Travel experience went smooth for the most part.  Luckily I was in an exit row which allowed for a somewhat 1st class experience of leg room.  Will Ferrell showed me the Christmas spirit in the movie Elf and the movie from Miami to Trinidad was Disney's Up.  Needless to say I did not watch much because I was catching up on the little amount of sleep I have received in the last few days in preparation for travel.

As I mentioned the travel experience went FAIRLY smooth....until I reached Trinidad airport and went to retrieve my bags in baggage claim.  I was able to find all but one of my bags.  The one bag that did not make the flight was my safety bag which contains all my work gear.  American Airlines says it will be delivered to my hotel tomorrow afternoon/evening....we shall see!

I arrived at the hotel around 12:30am.   I am located in the new wing.  Since I do not know what the old wing looks like I can not compare but the new wing is nice.  I can not tell because my window is fogged up but I think I may have a view of the Gulf of Paria - I'll confirm in the morning. 

The view of the bed looks very inviting at the moment.  Time to sleep - early day tomorrow.

2 comments:

Tina said...

That stinks!! If only they lost your other bag, safety gear is very important!! Good luck. Your room looks really nice. Missing you already! Love you muchly.

Peter said...

Can't wait to see some pictures of the view and the area!