Sunday, December 20, 2009

Old Dubbs Road

The refinery has many roads so you can get around with names that help you recognize what area you might be in such as Hydroprocessing Lane or Tank Farm Road.  My office which is located in a freight-like looking container (luckily it is air conditioned) is located on a classic road name...see picture below!

I have not found the New Dubbs Road yet!

There is not really too much, actually let me rephrase...there is nothing to do around the hotel that is within walking distance.  I either need to be driven around by the Chief on the job or take a taxi (which ends up being ridiculously expensive).  Luckily my Chief is really nice and ends up running errands if I need to go somplace as well which enables me to get to the gym, although not as often as I would like.  We do go out to explore various restaraunts in the area.  While driving around we ended up behind a car that has a fun bumper warning for the car behind him.

I guess you become a worse driver when you drive on the left hand side of the road with a left hand side (vs. right side) steering location.  Stay clear!  That kept me laughing for a while.

Weather since I arrived has been 80-90F and end up missing the occasional 2-10 minute rain shower.  This weekend was the exception.  It rained most of the day on Sunday but was still humid and higher temperatures.  Good day to get work accomplished without tempation of nice weather. 

1 comment:

foto4lizzie said...

That really stinks that you have to have someone drive you around. At least here, even though it isn't a foreign assignment, I can drive where ever I want. But I tend to avoid it... the people down here can't drive and it scares me!