Thursday, December 10, 2009

First Day on the Job

Driving to the refinery was quite an adventure.  The adventure was not the fact that they drive on the opposite side of the road it was that they are worse than US drivers in so many ways!  All of a sudden the car in front of you will stop and someone will either get in or out of the car; if a sign says stop - they dont really and they try to squeeze through the tightest places on a regular basis. 

Most of my first day today was spend at safety training.  Workers at the refinery are quite nice; everyone introduces themself and offers to help if we need anything.

As promised here are more pictures from my hotel...


View out of my window to the North (I think)


View of the barges right outside my window in the bay
Up close and personal


Close up of the refinery I can see from my window - looks cool at night.  Haven't taken a good night shot yet.



3 comments:

Tina said...

Great pictures! Can't wait to see the refinery at night. Do you get to drive a car while there or will you be driven everywhere you need to go?

KMR said...

The refinery supplied a car which I probably could drive but my chief (or supervisor) drives us to and from the hotel.

Art said...

What's the weather been like over there the past week? Warm?